refund

AKIRA_JAINE2
Contributor
Contributor

The seller have invoiced me the item that i wanted to buy, not realising a bill came out of my bank account which wont have enough fund to process the payment which now my bank account is in negative.  I then contcted the seller and explained my situation of which the seller have agreed to cancell the invoice but she doenst know how to do it from her end and its already too late as the payment has been deducted from my bank account already of which the seller hasnt the recieve the money as yet due to its an echeck process. What would be the best step to do to get my money back ASAP? 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AKIRA_JAINE2 

1. The echeque will clear through to the seller in about a week and she can then issue a refund.

2. Or the echeque may fail due to insufficient funds in your bank account.

It all depends on if your bank are happy to allow the transaction to go through and let you have an overdraft on the account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AKIRA_JAINE2
Contributor
Contributor

is it best to call the bank and report it so they will decline the trasaction from happening, so then i dont have to wait for a week till the check cleared and ill be paying days of negative fund in my account. 

If instance the check will clear through the seller account and the seller then will refund me the money back to paypal, how long then for the money to clear back to my fund? 

Thanks for your assistance so new to all this . 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AKIRA_JAINE2 

Yes i think talking to your bank would be the best plan as paypal can't do anything as neither the site or the seller has received the funds yet.

If they do clear through to the seller and they refunded then it would probably hit your bank account in a few days if not sooner as she would be 'funding' it from that balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AKIRA_JAINE2
Contributor
Contributor

and raising a dispute wont solve my problem quicker? 

thanking you. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AKIRA_JAINE2 

You can't raise a dispute as you haven't paid yet.

Also that would be very unfair on the seller to get a black mark on their paypal account for you opening a dispute when the seller has done nothing wrong.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AKIRA_JAINE2
Contributor
Contributor

ok, calling the bank first thing in the morning.

Thank you much. 

Login to Me Too

AKIRA_JAINE2
Contributor
Contributor

just to give you an update. Spoke to the bank right away and they have reverse the transaction and money shoud be back into my account tomorrow.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.