Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@greg53 

If the sent funds are in your available PayPal balance and no PayPal fee was charged to receive the money (click the transaction to confirm) and its not on hold or under review, just click the original transaction and click "Refund this payment".

If there was a fee charged, beware that PayPal does not refund the fees for certain territories/countries so the amount in fees will come out of your pocket unless you deduct the amount of fees from the refund amount.

Now if you were charged PayPal fees and the money is on hold, 2 things can happen: the sender will have to file a dispute and you issue a refund within the dispute to use the on hold money to refund sender. Or, you can just issue the refund from within the transaction and PayPal will take the money from your available balance or bank account and when the hold is released you can transfer the money back to your bank account.

Complicated isn't it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@greg53 

If the sent funds are in your available PayPal balance and no PayPal fee was charged to receive the money (click the transaction to confirm) and its not on hold or under review, just click the original transaction and click "Refund this payment".

If there was a fee charged, beware that PayPal does not refund the fees for certain territories/countries so the amount in fees will come out of your pocket unless you deduct the amount of fees from the refund amount.

Now if you were charged PayPal fees and the money is on hold, 2 things can happen: the sender will have to file a dispute and you issue a refund within the dispute to use the on hold money to refund sender. Or, you can just issue the refund from within the transaction and PayPal will take the money from your available balance or bank account and when the hold is released you can transfer the money back to your bank account.

Complicated isn't it?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.