refund shipping cost to buyer

jesjon51
Contributor
Contributor

i just sold 2 items on eBay to the same buyer and I'm going to ship them together and combine shipping to save the buyer the shipping cost of one item, no brainer right? The buyer has already paid so i need to refund the shipping cost of one item (3.99). I cannot figure out how to do it on eBay or PayPal, please help anyone?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jesjon51 

Locate the PayPal payment transaction for the order, click on it, click "Refund this payment". The next page will allow you to input the amount to refund and a chance to review your refund before sending. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jesjon51 

Locate the PayPal payment transaction for the order, click on it, click "Refund this payment". The next page will allow you to input the amount to refund and a chance to review your refund before sending. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

jesjon51
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for the info! I was afraid if I hit "refund" it would automatically refund the entire amount of the transaction. I'm so glad yet another hurdle has been jumped, thank you!
Login to Me Too

jon442
Contributor
Contributor

This does not work for me, all it does is ask what did you buy, It's telling me I'm the buyer NOT THE SELLER

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.