refund neither here nor there

curlleigh
Contributor
Contributor

I have been given a refund, it is showing on Paypal as complete and should go start back into my back but nothing.  I have checked the bank online and there is nothing showing not even in pending.  Paypal has taken the payment of the bank that should have never been taken as the company cancelled the order. I am worried that this money might get lost.   

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@curlleigh 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@curlleigh 

If you funded the original payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded it will automatically go back to that bank account or card. Paypal say allow 30 days although its normally much quicker than that, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

curlleigh
Contributor
Contributor

That is what I thought but nothing, phone the bank as it is a large sum of money. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.