refund has shown up on my activity but not on balance

flavvvv
New Community Member

i had bought some concert tickets throughout PayPal however the band had to cancel and the company i had bought them on had issued refunds. It shows the refund has taken place on my activity but is not on my PayPal balance? it should of have been refunded on the 23rd of october. the company won't reply to any of my messages and ive tried to file an invoice but because it says its been refunded to me i can't file one. What do i do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flavvvv wrote:

i had bought some concert tickets throughout PayPal however the band had to cancel and the company i had bought them on had issued refunds. It shows the refund has taken place on my activity but is not on my PayPal balance? it should of have been refunded on the 23rd of october. the company won't reply to any of my messages and ive tried to file an invoice but because it says its been refunded to me i can't file one. What do i do?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flavvvv

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.