refund conversion rate

ukdesign
New Community Member

I made a purchase on 26 August for  - €282.31 EUR

I got a full refund from the company which was made on 5 October -+ €282.31 EUR

..what i cant understand is why am i £9.51 short..Surely PAYPAL should do the currency rate from the original purchase date not the date for when the refund was fully made? I spoke to 2 of my Credit Cards (AMex and Capital one) and they both stated that once you make a pruchase in a different currency and then get a full refund, they refund you from which the purchase date was originally made..How is it right that PAYPAL give you a different conversion rate? not from when the proginal transaction was made This FULL refund was given for the original Transaction.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

jplee31
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem too. It seems someone else had this issue here, https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payments/Refund-currency-conversion-rate/m-p/1967470/thread-id/1... and the explanation given was that if the vendor doesn't process a refund within a day of purchase you're SOL. That seems pretty shady to me - what if you order something over the weekend when an online retailer may not even be "open"?  They should at least allow for an entire business day to provision for this cancellation/refund rule before skimming off the top.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.