redirect after payment does not work

RobMcFlob
Contributor
Contributor

H,

when a customer purchases something from me via Paypal I have him/her being redirected to another website. But, after the redirection an error message appears. Only when the customer refreshes the website (which most don't), the correct website is being shown. I have tried this out with various webiste (my own company site, YouTube, Wistia), but it is always the same problem. I would like the customer to be redirected to a wellcome video where I tell them that the payment was completed and what they can now expect as the next step.

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Thanks!

Robert

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @RobMcFlob

Sorry to hear of the trouble. 

It sounds like there might be an issue with the way auto return is setup. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

RobMcFlob
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Tricia 

Hi Tricia,

yes, so how can I solve this problem?

By the way, the link that you used in your message did not work.

Looking forward to your reply.

Robert

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @RobMcFlob,

We're sorry to hear that the link didn't work. For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter. I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

RobMcFlob
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPalMichelleW 

Hi,

I did already contact the Paypal support but all he said was: "We don't have any information about technical issues and therefore I cannot help you."

I am using Paypal in connection with Quadernoapp. I also contacted their support and they wrote:

"Unfortunately this is not a requierement from Quaderno, it is a requirement from Paypal themselves for the redirection to work. If the website does not support GET and POST methods, Paypal will not redirect your customer's to that website after the purchase has been completed.
Please note that this behaviour would continue even if you were not using Quaderno, if Paypal tries to make the redirection and the website that you're trying to redirect your customers does not support GET and POST, Paypal will not redirect your customers there."

I don't really know what "GET and POST" is and I surely don't know how to make this work. I feel like Paypal should make sure that the redirection is working. I am not a developer.

Could you please help me?

Thank you.

Robert

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.