recurring payments page, editing the "Payment method" of one recurring payment caused error

garysk
Contributor
Contributor

I logged into the desktop PayPal website and selected Setup->Payments->Manage Recurring Payments, which lists all of the active recurring payments.

I selected the recurring payment (henceforth just "RP") for National Geographic. It showed the payment method as "Balance" with a checked check box which appeared as if it were the same field. When I selected this field, I received the error "An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

I retried immediately and got the same result. I bypassed the RP for National Geographic and went on to others. There was another RP further down the list that had the same payment method, "Balance [chkmark]". In this RP clicking on this field took me to an area where I could choose one of my linked accounts, and when I so chose, it updated the RP without error. I tried Nat'l Geographic again, and got the same error as before. I logged out and back in, same error. I logged out and closed the tab, opened a new tab, logged in again, same error. I don't know how much "later" I should try.

I feel like this show be a technical bug or data corruption report not a community forum item, so apologies if I was unable to find out how to file a bug or data corruption report.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MrScaffold
New Community Member

Anyhelp on this???😡

Login to Me Too

RXT-1885
Contributor
Contributor

Me too! What can I do???

Login to Me Too

immaolayan
New Community Member
I have the same problem. Please help.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.