recipient unable to access funds

mandynguyen
New Community Member

Hi. I am from Canada and have sent money to a person in Brazil. She is not able to access these funds right away? Why is this? and When should we expect her to access it?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mandynguyen 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date on both Paypal accounts = Echeque and will clear on approx that date.
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option = email address spelling error, as that email address is invalid it can't be linked to a Paypal account, so cancel it.
3. Pending/Unclaimed without a cancel option = email address is valid but not yet linked to a Paypal account. Will time out 30 days post payment if not claimed by someone opening a Paypal account when it may COMPLETE.
4. Payment/Completed or Sent = you may have to raise a dispute for non receipt if that person won't refund the funds. However if its a family/friends payment then you won't have that option and may have to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way.
5. Pending awaiting authorisation = normally to a company and will complete when they capture the payment and process your order. If they don't it should time out 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.