receiving cash

LBA2000
Contributor
Contributor

How do I know who sent me money? I have money in my account and I am being asked to accept it. I am not expecting money and I am not able to know where its coming from. Is it safe to just accept it like that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LBA2000 

Did you also check your email for a PayPal payment confirmation which may tell you who sent you money. I personally wouldn't accept money if I wasn't expecting it. Never know these days, couldn't be from some stolen account and when you accept it, then the account holder would file a dispute and you'd be on the hook for that money.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

LBA2000
Contributor
Contributor

I really can not recall receiving money.. I always send but its weird.. really weird that a person can receive money and does not have the option to know where its coming from before accepting. I would just like to hear from those of you especially those who have had to receive and how it works. Do I need to accept before the sender's identity is revealed? No email..

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.