received money through face book messenger on the wrong debit card

LuckyRoode
New Community Member

Please help!! I had recently had to cancel my debit card used with my paypal account due to fraud! The card was marked with fraud and will never be able to be reactivated! i didnt link my bank account to it either, paypal just had my debit card info... a friend of mine just sent me money through fb messenger before i had a chance to update my info with my new card number... it says the payment was sent to my old card and its pending...ive updated it and tried everything!! someone please tell me how we can cancel this and just start all over!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi LuckyRoode, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

I am sorry to hear you had to cancel your card due to fraudulent activity. Most card issuers will allocate the funds received to the new card once this has been issued to you. If this does not happen, the funds will be declined and sent back to your friend after 30 days. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.