received a refund but it's not showing in my balance

Lesley2014

Help!

I received a refund from an eBay seller on the 25th to my Paypal. I had an email from Paypal saying the money had been refunded and it was all complete. It's showing in my history but it's not showing in my actual balance.

-I have not made any other payments with Paypal

-I've checked with my bank and no refund has been made

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

Weinster
New Community Member

Hello,

I need emergent help from  PayPal. On May 10 I ordered item at $1221 with PayPal credit but cancelled that order on same day. Seller refunded me immediately. I found that refund record in my PayPal account but surprisingly found it's still on my PayPal credit balance now! It's June 6 today!

Another confusing thing is I ordered an item using PayPal recently but didn't find it on my PayPal credit balance yet. I'm really confused by these.

Maybe I understood PayPal's policy wrongly?

Anyone can help on solving this issue.

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Weinster

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Suvomitra
Contributor
Contributor
Do you received the money?
Login to Me Too

tstafford98
I paid for something via PayPal with a debit card, and got an email saying my refund was complete. My paypal account shows a refund with the correct amount shown as being refunded, but the refund isn’t shown in my bank account or on my paypal balance. Any advice?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tstafford98

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Keegan01
I’m having this problem currently it says I received the refund but I used a prepaid Visa card any ideas on when and how to get my money back?
Login to Me Too

ocean33
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, two transactions refunded (got message by PayPal that money reversed to my card, but in my card marked as completed and the second transaction is pending (card statement)

<removed>

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Fbgov
Yes the same issue
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fbgov 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.