"You asked to manually accept or refuse this type of payment"

ugcheleuce
New Community Member

Hello everyone

I just had a payment sent back to the payer, and PayPal advised me in the message that "You asked to manually accept or refuse this type of payment", which is not true.  I searched for this problem in the forums but could not find a solution.  I think I found the answer, though:

I think that "You asked to manually accept or refuse this type of payment" is a typo.  What PayPal really wanted to convey was "You were asked to manually accept or refuse this type of payment."

I tried to submit a bug report to PayPal but could not figure out how.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Beast4
Contributor
Contributor

Dd you figure out how to ''manually accept''? Its a puzzler for me too!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hi @Beast4

Thanks for the post! I can understand wanting to know how to manually accept a payment. You should be able to login to your account and go to Activity. If there is a pending payment you want to accept, you would click open the transaction details. There should then be an option to Accept or Refuse the payment. 

If you are not seeing this, we'd want to take a closer look into this. To avoid sharing personal information over a public forum I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Service support through either Facebook or Twitter. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact." 

Hope that helps! 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

temp20210525d
New Community Member

I had the same issue, the transaction was shown as pending but I couldn't accept it. The only way to resolve this is to send an email to sender - this was an ebay purchase, this shouldn't have happened. I am not sure if the buyer will respond to this, but he might as well doesn't, what are my options?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.