"We were unable to process your payment" after payment plan approval confirmation

hardware_agent
New Community Member

Hi community,

Morning.

I've just made a purchase using the instalment option.

It's my first time doing the instalments, so I'm not sure what's actually happening...

The retailer website confirms the purchase and PayPal has sent me also a confirmation that my payment plan was successful, describing the payment plan throughout the upcoming months. The e-mail reads: 

Thanks for choosing PayPal Ratenzahlung for a purchase of XX,XX EUR made on 20 February 2021. The Standard European Consumer Credit Information, including the associated payment plan are provided below for your review. An updated version of your payment plan, including specific dates and amounts of your payments, will be sent to you as soon as your merchandise is shipped.  

Then, shortly after, I got an e-mail from PayPal saying "Your payment for XX,XX EUR (full amount) was not processed".

That puzzled me, because it seemed that I was being charged immediately the full price instead of the instalments I was expecting.

When I try to visit my "Instalment Plans" on my account, I get the message "Sorry, something went wrong". 

Does any one know what this means? Should I simply wait until the retailer ships the item? Or it won't be successfully processed given the message saying that my payment was not processed?

Thanks a lot

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.