"We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later"

Goodfo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i am trying to refund to my ebay buyer the original amount but this message comes up

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Labsy
Contributor
Contributor

I hit the same problem and after some reading, found answer on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/paypal/comments/8tu7ds/paypal_refund_not_working_help/

SOLUTION with description: Paypal currency balances are at fault here. If you get paid for example in GBP but your default balance is USD and if you do not have a GBP balance then paypal is not smart enough to convert from your USD balance to issue the refund. It is not even smart enough to tell you what's wrong, because it does not have catcher for the error, so it throws the last error from program code behind: technical problems, aka "An error without description".

If you are having this problem make sure you have enough money in the appropriate currency balance.

Login to Me Too

DRStyleLtd

I faced the same problem, however it was not due to refunding with a different currency.

The issue was with the text limit of 255 characters in the "Note to Buyer" text box.

There is no alert (at least with Chrome browser) if you go slightly over this limit and once you click send then the dreadful message "We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later." appears.

Going over the limit will not allow you to send the refund.
Unfortunately it just shows a general error and not an error to suggest that you went over the text limit of 255 characters.

I discovered this error as I tried to do the refund with a different browser. Then an alert popped up when I pasted the exact same text in the "Note to Buyer" field that I was over the 255 characters limit. The refund went through once I reduced my note to below 255 characters.

So make sure your "note to buyer" stays below the 255 characters limit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.