"Unclaimed" payment submitted but not received

aprilbeads13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi y'all, I'm hoping one of you will be able tyo explain what "unclaimed" means about a payment I made wich is evidently not showing at all on the recipient's end. I have a call in to Pay Pal, but if anyone can resolve it faster, I'd be mosr grateful. Thank you ver much!

April

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aprilbeads13 

Unclaimed either means someone has made a spelling error on the email address used to pay OR the recipient hasn't added or confirmed that email address on their paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aprilbeads13 

Unclaimed either means someone has made a spelling error on the email address used to pay OR the recipient hasn't added or confirmed that email address on their paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aprilbeads13
Contributor
Contributor

When I, the payer, saw my item hadn't shipped because payment wasn't received (though I'd submitted it). I contacted PayPal. They determined that the email address provided by eBay was not associated with any PayPal acct.

I then contacted vendor and asked him/her to confirm that eBay had their correct email. Unfortunately vendor was unable to comprehend my simple instructions, given step-by-step and in several patient ways (I teach ESL pro-bono, ergo have LOTS of practice) and sale was never completed.

I just hope vendor gets it figured out, somehow. I felt sorry for them but had to abandon efforts and return to productive work.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aprilbeads13 

Send them this........

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

aprilbeads13
Contributor
Contributor

This sage advice is very much appreciated. THANK you. Wishing you and yours happy, healthy holidays... AFR

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.