"This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website."

NikitaSadkov
Contributor
Contributor

A client tried to send me money for my work, but claims he got an error

"This recipient accepts PayPal payments only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions."

What does that mean? I've no "their site" - I communicate by email. Have I been defrauded or it is just the racist way you treat Ukrainian users?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @NikitaSadkov,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving payments, and the situation you described is definitely something we need to look into. To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

NikitaSadkov
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. I thought I got defrauded me: they claimed transfer cannot be made, due to such a nonsensical PayPal error (imagine a high profile American service used by millions having an error!). I expected nothing less when working with Russians. But surprisingly once in a life-time Russians told truth: https://www.paypal.com/en/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside PayPal indeed doesn't work with Ukraine, although it works even with Albania, Bahrain, Morocco and Uruguay! Only Ukraine and some worst African countries are not allowed to receive money through PayPal, which has no plans to ever support these blackholes, especially because Ukrainian government doesn't want American companies in Ukraine. Now tell me that Ukraine is a good country and 2nd France. Anyway,and I agree, it was my fault: Can't blame PayPal. I blindly assumed that Ukraine is considered part of Europe, instead of checking first if Ukrainians are not pigs and allowed to use PayPal in full, like actually civilized countries, before trying to send money to a PayPal linked with Ukrainian bank account. Lesson learned: when dealing with Ukraine make no assumptions - common sense doesn't work here.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.