"The seller canceled your order and sent you a refund. We'll send an email confirmation soon"

Neosufi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, this is the first time I'm getting this sort of issue. Bought a PS4 for 220.00 USD from a reputable seller on Ebay on the 23rd of March. On the 29th, I received an email from the seller saying:

"HI there our staff have noticed the shipment has not been moving ever since the USPS pick up staff has taken them from our warehouse. 
At this point we can only assume it has been lost.
I am very sorry i’d have to to refund this order as we do not have anymore uncharted version in stock."

At that point I went to check in purchase history and found it in my canceled orders tab, there was a little info note that said "The seller canceled this order—just confirm that you received a refund. Reply now.". 

As far as how I paid, I did using my debit card. The transaction in my bank (Wells Fargo) says PAYPAL on it on the purchase. Now, I don't really know what to do at this point. How long do I wait for my refund to return as I really wish to purchase a different PS4 instead? Or am I good to go and I just have to wait?

My seller also sent me another message saying:

"I have initiated to cancellation & refund.
Please go to Your purchase history and locate the transaction.
I believe you must accept the cancellation for the refund to go back to your account.

If all else fails simply give eBay a call.
I have done the cancellation already with the refund."

I don't see any option to "accept" any cancellations, I have clicked on everything and tried everything. It's only the first day by the way so maybe I'm just paranoid but hopefully it'll be nothing. Thanks for hearing me out and hopefully this'll be resolved.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Neosufi

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.