"The merchant is unable to accept PayPal payments..." error message

pmadrid
Contributor
Contributor

After user is redirected to PayPal site and tried to login, I get this message:

"The merchant is unable to accept PayPal payments at this time. Please try again later or return to the merchant and choose another way to pay."

What does that mean?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

pmadrid
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind, this was caused by an issue with business identity in the PayPal account. Merchants should be warned about this. This prevented users from completing transactions in our website. 😞

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pmadrid 

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

pmadrid
Contributor
Contributor

Never mind, this was caused by an issue with business identity in the PayPal account. Merchants should be warned about this. This prevented users from completing transactions in our website. 😞

Login to Me Too

mbaric
New Community Member

Hello there,

I am also facing this issue with one of my clients.

clipboard_image_0.png

Can somebody please tell me how can I debug it?

The process was that I was redirected to PayPal page from clients page and I logged in with my PayPal LIVE credentials and I go this message. Would somebody please advise us. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Beefydog9999
Contributor
Contributor

What would you recommend that a Merchant do when this suddenly happens?  A client of mine suddenly cannot accept Paypal via eBay nor  from their website!  The last day it worked was on February 29th, 2020.  Did PayPal change something?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Beefydog9999,

Typically when this happens the merchant has to verify some information within their account in order to continue accepting payments. There should be a notification in their account with more details but if they're still unable to pinpoint the issue, it would be best to have the merchant contact customer support for assistance. 

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

CShelton11
New Community Member

This doesn't really tell me what the issue is.

I am currently having the same problem.  I don't think mine is business identity related.  

Paypal shows that this has already been taken care of...

I do see a message that shows they need to verify my identity.

These are for address and photo id.  I have added both of these and they show as "submitted".

Is there somethign else that needs to be done or do they just need to do some sort of approval process for these?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.