"Sorry, your preferred funding method isn’t available. Please choose different one. This is BS!!!"

jklipa
New Community Member

I made 10 payments in a row using bank A, my preferred payment source.
On the 11th payment it gave me this...

"Sorry, your preferred funding method isn’t available. Please choose different one."

I only have two banks defined...
Bank A, and Bank B...

The 11th transaction defaulted to using Bank B (which has virtually no money in the account), so it failed... (I was not even paying attention...)
Does anyone know why this is happening, and when I can resume making payments from my preferred funding method...? 

I called the help desk and Jose told me that there is an algorithm that controls this, and nobody knows when it gets triggered, or when you can expect to continue using the Preferred Funding source...! It's a security feature... Try using it again in 24 or 48 hours, bu no guarantees...!
It seems like someone should know how long I have to be in time-out before I can start processing payments again...!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jklipa 

Wait a few days so security system can cool down, you're blowing up your account making 10 (the magic number) transactions in a row. Sit back and have a nice cocktail. Supposing if it was some stranger making these transactions all in a row with unauthorized access, surely you want security to step in at some point to put the kibosh on, if the activity was usual.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jandaaries
Contributor
Contributor
That makes ZERO sense. Security should have protocols. Questions and answers. Simple resolution. This is a horrible bug they can’t fix.
Login to Me Too

DTru
New Community Member

I have the same issue and have not been blowing up the account.  

Login to Me Too

Jandaaries
Contributor
Contributor
That’s not the reason. They have no reason. It’s like talking to a wall. A scripted wall.
Login to Me Too

Jandaaries
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal has the worst customer service EVER. They read from a script. So many people use it they still make money. When you do happen to have issues don’t expect any help whatsoever. I’m not bitter it’s very true. I use other means I don’t care. It’s my money I use it how I want. It’s like they think they control your money. Not me lol
Login to Me Too

Dar1390
New Community Member
The same thing is happening to me and I don't understand what's going on. I've been using PayPal to repay a loan and so I send the same amount every month to the Same person. It seems that if I change the amount of money (to a lower value) it will let me process the payment on the bank card that I want to use but it's still freaking weird....
Login to Me Too

Timelessrosetat
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing here but it’s mad annoying because I don’t have one old phone I opened the account with two years ago in Hawaii I can do manually enter what they send an verify then after that it won’t let me do anything still an it’s beyond frustrating as I don’t want to fly to Hawaii to grab some money that was left in it
Login to Me Too

chrisyim1

Same problem.

Called customer service twice and spoke with two individuals who couldn't provide a resolution or reason as to why this was happening.

Paypal, be better. I've been with you for too long to experience this kind of **bleep**. Needed to pay rent today.

Login to Me Too

13vladimir13
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me and I don’t even use frequently paypal. I have $ on my pp acount that I cannot withdraw on my card/bank (not supporting pp in my country) and all I can do is use the $ when making some payment. Now have $ sitting on my account that can’t use. **bleep** paypal and their algorithm

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.