"Refunded before being debited from account" BUT account was debited - funds disappeared

Bash59
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I ordered an item on 25.09.19 via PayPal. I did not have PayPal balance as usual, the payments come via my linked bank account. The item was out of stock unfortunately so the seller refunded me after about 5 minutes. My PayPal shows the transaction as being refunded - complete. It also states that my refund arrived early, and "Refunded before being debited from your account". However the payment has actually been debited from my bank. I have verified this with my online statement and a lengthy phone call to my bank this morning who advised the payment was definitely debited as instructed. They have advised no further action is pending on their side and to contact PayPal to know where my money is. I have done this, PayPal advised the issue is with my bank and that they (my bank) cancelled the transaction. My bank is adamant this is not the case, however PayPal is sticking firm too. My bank have advised they can complete a direct debit indemnity form to recover the funds but i am afraid of it negatively impacting my PayPal account. Has anyone ever been in this situation? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

popplegem
New Community Member

6 months later and this happened to me too! I've reached out to PayPal and Steam to try and get the money, but I doubt anything will happen.

Login to Me Too

stuboy7766
Contributor
Contributor

What happened please?. Did the refund show into your bank account within 7 days?. I am having the same issue today. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

YahiaSaleh
Contributor
Contributor
I’m having same issue, did anyone get the refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.