"Received payment is on hold" what is this??

John-Donn19
New Community Member
Hi, I haven't received a payment on Paypal in a while and I sold an item a couple of days ago.. When the customer paid me it stated that the money wasn't in my available balance but it was on hold.. I rang PayPal and asked what is this and why is it on hold, the lady assured me that its normal.. But to receive my payment into my available account from holding I must enter a tracking number from the item I sold.. I log onto ebay and place in a tracking number and mark as posted, I log onto PayPal and click activity for that transaction which she told me to do but I'm not able to add the tracking information which she said is needed for me to receive my money? It simply states "unable to process request" shipment with the same tracking number already exists.. Yes.. My one! Any idea on a solution on this? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @John-Donn19,

Here's how to enter that tracking information over on PayPal's end:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Locate the payment, click on it and then click Add tracking info.
  3. Enter the required information on the ‘Enter Tracking Information and Order Status’ page and click Save.

That should help with that Payment Hold.

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.