"Money is waiting for you" claim balance

Temp20220130av
Contributor
Contributor

On my Paypal home page, it says "money is waiting for you" above the amount of money, which is above a button that says"claim it." Is there any way to receive my money without using my bank account, card number, or SSN? I don't exactly feel comfortable doing that for any company. Also, is this the reason I don't have a Paypal balance (even an empty one) under "wallet" either? I have several eBay payments waiting as well.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220130av

If you are being asked to claim the money then it may be you have an old or incorrect email address on your account OR the funds are in another currency??

Try this.............

Firstly do this....

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220130av

If you are being asked to claim the money then it may be you have an old or incorrect email address on your account OR the funds are in another currency??

Try this.............

Firstly do this....

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220130av
Contributor
Contributor

Just realized the ebay stuff was unrelated, and no, the currency was in USD, as is my account. I have no paypal balance and i think the money that says "claim now" is from refunded shipping. On ebay my paypal email is correct.

Login to Me Too

grozaguy
Contributor
Contributor

same problem, so frustrating, ive contacted paypal back and fourth for a week and they just say it is in my balance

Login to Me Too

Annvanny
Contributor
Contributor

Annvanny
Contributor
Contributor

me too

@Annvanny wrote:

me too

Login to Me Too

djnesado
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this problem too and it's EXTREMELY annoying

I was able to make payments and stuff with the money I had in my account before but now it tries to make me pay with my credit card instead of my actual paypal, and pretty much everything you said is happening to me as well and i just can't find a fix 

Login to Me Too

EXxiilED
Contributor
Contributor

Having this same issue. Pretty frustrating - been stuck with this since the 24th of October.

Login to Me Too

PersonPerson3
New Community Member

Oh by a prepaid card and send the money there! Easy Peasy

Login to Me Too

ShoeMaster11
New Community Member
Does this work?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.