"Afterpay" and "Paypal"

Cazza83
Contributor
Contributor
I just tried to make an order on Ebay using my Paypal registered Debit card to make my payments through Afterpay. I did it it after reading this from the Ebay Australian website and thinking it was totally fine. This is what it says: "Get your items now Paying with Afterpay is a normal eBay transaction. The seller gets the full payment via PayPal and sends your order as usual. (PayPal currently processes all payments on eBay, including credit card, Afterpay, gift card and voucher payments.)" Afterpay just took the 1st installment straight out of my Debit card themselves without going through PayPal at all which meant my order was cancelled soon after by Ebay because the seller wanted payment in full before sending the item (Laptop). I'm bloody lucky that Afterpay issued a refund soon after Ebay cancelled the order and it's back in my account now just hours later after they said it might take 5 days in the email. So does PayPal even do what it says above or is that just rubbish that it says on the Ebay website? Could I have accidently done something wrong making the order or Afterpay and PayPal just failed to get in touch or something? Is this way of payment viable and acceptable on EBay? Or was I misled? I'm in Australia obviously if it wasn't clear. Thanks
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.