"Add a payment method"

Ben257

I already confirmed my Bank account, hell,I even bought something online. Now it tells me I need a payment method. 
If I enter the same I used before it says "Please add a bank or card to complete your purchase." But, after checking. My bank is set as preferred payment method and I bought something a few minutes before. So, where's the problem?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TheBearJew
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ben257,

I see you are from Germany. I am from the US but I have run into this issue myself. Some merchants that you purchase from require you to have a bank card/credit card on file with Paypal to complete the transaction. I usually find this to be the case when trying to send payments to datacenters. However, I can use that same account to make a purchase for something else online without having a card on file.

What I ended up doing to fix this on my end is take the debit card that I get with my checking account and just add that to my Paypal account. I don't know if this is something you can do to fix your situation. I do know that this is pretty common with Paypal. Generally, they require you to have a card on file if there have been any issues with your account or if you are trying to purchase something that is expensive.

I hope this info helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.