questions about 17track shipping

Temp20211005PA
New Community Member

I have a package that is coming from overseas.  I rec'd a confirmation number at a link to the 17track website to track my package.  My question is:  is this track17 a ligit company or just some way to get my information?  I would like to be able to see where my package is in route, but don't want to download more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Goldileen
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Temp20211005PA

With regard to your question on 17track's legitimacy, yes it is a legitimate website and we also use that in tracking packages as well. You have to make sure you use 17track.net url so it will lead you to the correct website. I provided steps below:

1. Enter your tracking number without any spaces or dashes, one tracking number per line. Up to 40 tracking numbers can be added. Please ensure the tracking number is a combination of letters or digits.

2. Enter a valid tracking number, then click the “TRACK” button; the tracking result will be retrieved from the carrier’s official site and presented to you directly.

3. Select a carrier
Under normal conditions, the system will auto-detect and identify the shipping carrier, country of origin/destination. You do not need to designate the carrier manually. If there are multiple possible carriers or the system cannot identify the carrier, please designate a shipping carrier manually.

This link could also be helpful:

https://help.17track.net/hc/en-us/articles/228250808-17TRACK-Website-Instruction-Manual

Hope this helps. Please stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Shaler
New Community Member

No, 17track isn't a reputable website. I would not trust their information. They do not verify that any information provided to them is legitimate, so it is trivial for scammers to show items delivered that were never shipped.

Login to Me Too

tiffy79tiffy
Contributor
Contributor
I think the same.i bought something before, had a tracking number from 17 track net ,and I never got anything.Now I just bought something else and I.got another number like that and I just know I won't get anything. I contacted the seller and of course, no answer, even the Facebook page vanished...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.