question

Rovnak4300
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Mike I did sent payment via paypal friends and family on 3/29 at 7:20pm transaction # 5NX484547D885211R it shows on my side pending because you have not claimed it yet. I dont know if PayPal updated, I've never had this happen before but I'm just saying what it says on my paypal.

a friend advised me of the above.  I have no email or nothing that says money is posted or waiting for me.. any answers??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rovnak4300 

Pending on the senders side usually means that the payment has been sent to a non existant paypal account OR a incorrectly spelt email address OR an email address that is not verified.

I would check the spelling of the email he sent the funds to and make sure there were no typos.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jil013
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Rovnak4300

Thank you for raising your concern through our community forum.

In addition, if your payment is pending, it means that the recipient hasn’t accepted it yet. There are a few reasons why your payment might be pending.

1. The recipient hasn’t signed up for a PayPal account yet.
2. You sent money to an email address or phone number that the recipient hasn’t added to their PayPal account. As soon as they add this information to their account, they will receive your payment.
3. The recipient is still deciding whether they want to accept your payment.
4. The recipient hasn't confirmed their bank account.

If your payment is unclaimed/pending for 30 days or your payment was denied or refunded, you’ll get your money back.

Hope this helps. Stay safe!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.