question about refunds

kristielee7
Contributor
Contributor

I received a refund yesterday.  It doesn't say it's pending.  Why isn't it in my Paypal balance?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kristielee7 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kristielee7
Contributor
Contributor

Here's exactly what happened....

I bought a phone on ebay. I used Paypal Credit to pay for it.  The phone arrive damaged. The ebay seller refunded my payment.  I can see the refund in Paypal but it's not in my Paypal balance so I can apply it to the Paypal credit total.  Do you think I just need to wait a few days?  Any advice is appreciated!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kristielee7 

Why not read the link i took the time to post for you 😥 as it tells you exactly where your refund has gone and that is not to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kristielee7
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I guess I didn't notice the link.  Thanks for being such a sweetheart!  Have a great day!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.