question about a payment on hold

MichelleLCSW
New Community Member

Hello out there. I have a relatively new business account where I primarily accept payments for online services. I have a payment that has been on hold since March 18. I can't seem to locate any information on why it would be on hold. Does anyone have any ideas?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Shagall-67
New Community Member
Me too dear, payment ON HOLD since the 20 March. PayPal giving info of how to release money quicker. IT DOES NOT WORK for both me doing it or my buyer. We are SO FRUSTRATED with PayPal right now, the conversation with them has been going on since 10 days now. They don't seem able to help either it's like they are script reading and telling you what they have been told to say, when in actual fact they cannot overide the system themselves it's almost impossible! So misleading, absolutely not good for business, definitely will try other means of asking my buyers to pay in the future. And if that isn't injury to the assault I was served by PAYPAL, they took fees of £26 for one transaction????? I see red lights everywhere here. NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH THESE PEOPLE.
Login to Me Too

jpcastel82
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @MichelleLCSW 
Thanks for reaching the community for this concern.

If funds are not yet released, might as well check with your buyer to confirm that they already receive the item. Here are the steps on how to confirm receipt on buyer's end. Instruct your buyer to do this. Once done, funds will be accessible immediately.

Login to the Paypal account via www.paypal.com

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Hope this help. Stay safe always.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.