prevented to buy

dave2974
New Community Member

last night i attempted to use 2 credit and 2 debit cards to buy an item. all were blocked (denied) with something about my mailing/billing address.

i found nothing wrong. opal has no working phone and hasn't resolved problem. i missed out on a purchase. then i opened ppal credit. now it  won't even open to use it. i think i need ppal on phone for this, but ppal says there is no customer service available. how bad can ppal get?!

any help appreciated,

dave

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your query, may I ask have you allowed it up to 72 hours for a potential security block to clear as they have done this to me a few times I waited around 48hrs and it was all clear but for it to clear don't make any additional purchases in the meantime.

Thanks

Harley <removed>

Login to Me Too

dave2974
New Community Member

thanks   that's good to know   i didn't mention that previous week ppal emailed me an urgent message that i needed to verify who i am. it made me suspicious when they asked for SS# so i didn't comply. i messaged ppal about it but they didn't reply...

thanks 

dave

Login to Me Too

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dave,

No worries, always make sure you double check the senders email address before clicking on any links normally it should end in paypal.com and start with info or service.

If this helps, please give me a thumbs up!

Thanks

Harley <removed>

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dave2974 

If paypal are asking for SSN etc ON your paypal account and not via an email that may be spam then you would need to supply what they have requested in order to continue using your account.

Also any cards on your account the billing address has to match your paypal account address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.