pending transactions

turbocoupe88
Contributor
Contributor

i think if you pay with pay pal and the seller or store is out of stock you should be able to cancel the pending payment.

example

home depot order for faux wood blinds says order will be delivered by Nov 27 th 2018

well i just got an  email that now there on back order until December 19th and no shipping date 

when the items were ordered they said 16 in stock  and delivery of Nov 27th

well i think that a pending order like this should be able to be cancelled due to they did not for fill the order on the date they said

so now i had to call home depot online order center cancel it and 5-7 days wait for my money back

from when they notify pay pal that to me is not looking out for my best interest!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi turbocoupe88,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. In general, when you place an order you complete an 'Authorisation'. An 'Authorisation' is an agreement between buyer and seller and the payment will be completed only if the merchant processes and confirms the order. The difference with a normal payment is that, usually, the authorisation remains pending until the merchant decides to process it. 

Merchants can capture the payment straight away; however, in some instances, they may need to capture the payment at a later date. For example, they may need to confirm item availability, assemble your goods or account for late changes to the order. You must contact the merchant in order to cancel an existing authorisation. It is not possible to cancel an authorisation from your PayPal account.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Uncrayns
New Community Member
I have 2 similar transactions and I paid with a different payment method on each transaction. I was told one would fall off on 4.15.2021. It still shows pending after being told it would fall off and the other 12.31.2020 followed instructions to the letter to get pending released and it tell me not till June 2021. Now how is this to be handled and everytime I try to get assistance with the first and second. Why tell me 6 months when the UA says id not mistaken 5 days but you tell me 6 months for the 2020 and 1 months for the second. Please advise and assist with this issue or how to proceed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.