pending payment

Joshleo14
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item from a seller in France off eBay over a week ago now and payment is still pending. Why?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshleo14

pending TO a company with you as the buyer?
pending / unclaimed to a seller?
pending / unclaimed with a cancel option to a seller?
pending echeque with a clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Joshleo14
Contributor
Contributor

pending to a seller on eBay with no cancel option.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshleo14

ok 3 options.

1. The email address on the sellers auction was incorrect with a typo etc, so ask your SELLER to do this.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

2. The item was paid for in a currency the seller does not accept ie sterling when they only accept euros.

3. You sent an echeque.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Joshleo14
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I’ve let them know. If nothing works can they cancel the transaction or will it not work as the payment is pending? Thanks
Login to Me Too

Joshleo14
Contributor
Contributor

They say their paypal settings are fine. 

The money came out of my bank/showed up on my statement. They're just messing about now. I'm going to tell them to cancel the order, but how do i go about getting a refund on a pending payment?

thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Joshleo14

You can't, if there is not a cancel option then it will 'time out' at 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.