pending payment! Help!

Remii_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm a new PayPal user. I ordered three items from Ebay last Thursday via my visa debit card I have linked to my PayPal account. Two of the orders coming from the same seller immediately went through after ordering and they even shipped the next day! However, this other item from a separate seller is still showing as a pending payment in my PayPal account. I've checked the email addresses from both eBay and PayPal for the seller and they both coincide with each other. What could the problem be? Please help me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Remii_

In that case it means that the seller has the wrong email address on his auction, could be an old one or just a spelling mistake.

So you may as well cancel the payment as its not going anywhere, but it may take a few days to go back to your funding source.

Then tell the seller to do the below to see if he can sort something out.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Remii_

Does it say pending / UNCLAIMED ?

Is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Remii_
Contributor
Contributor
I've since looked at it again and it does say unclaimed with the option to cancel the payment. I've also noticed when I checked the details of that payment it says next to the seller's PayPal email address that "the recipient of this payment is unregistered". I have tried numerous attempts to contact the seller on eBay since Thursday but I got no reply. Please help.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Remii_

In that case it means that the seller has the wrong email address on his auction, could be an old one or just a spelling mistake.

So you may as well cancel the payment as its not going anywhere, but it may take a few days to go back to your funding source.

Then tell the seller to do the below to see if he can sort something out.

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then you need to change it DURING the listing process next time you list an item for sale.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Remii_
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you thank you! I was going out of my mind thinking I may not get my money back. Thank you for your swift responses and thorough explanation.🙌🙌🙌
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.