pending funds in paypal even after a successful purchase

ellymon
Contributor
Contributor

I won a product via biding and made a successful payment/purchase as the funds were  deducted from my paypal account. The funds are however showing pending in my paypal account and for that reason the seller cant send me the product i purchased as he is unable to access the funds i made towards that payment. What do i need to do? Please help 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ellymon

In that case the SELLER has made an email error on his auction with the email address he uses with Paypal.

Unclaimed with a cancel option means that the email address you paid to is non-existant so the seller must have made a spelling mistake when he entered it on his auction.

You may as well cancel as the funds are going nowhere, but it may take a few days for the funds to go back to your funding source.

THEN TELL THE SELLER TO DO THIS.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ellymon

Pending in YOUR paypal account or pending in HIS paypal account?

If in yours then does it say pending  / unclaimed and if so is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ellymon
Contributor
Contributor

It's pending in my paypal account and yes it has the cancel option. when i contacted the seller he told me from his end its showing that i have not yet made the payment

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ellymon

In that case the SELLER has made an email error on his auction with the email address he uses with Paypal.

Unclaimed with a cancel option means that the email address you paid to is non-existant so the seller must have made a spelling mistake when he entered it on his auction.

You may as well cancel as the funds are going nowhere, but it may take a few days for the funds to go back to your funding source.

THEN TELL THE SELLER TO DO THIS.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down under ''postage'' and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ellymon
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much this has helped, let me contact the seller and if anything comes up for which i would still need your help; i will surely text

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.