paypal asking for my identification and not letting me accept money?

moonishi
Contributor
Contributor

So, I just made my paypal account for some personal things. My friend sent me some money and I went to accept it, but it said I had to confirm my identity. I've googled it multiple times and looked through multiple different posts and everywhere says I don't need to confirm my identity to accept and spend money. I asked my friend and she said I shouldn't need to confirm my identity to accept money.

I'm really confused about this?

I don't have much money, nor do my parents, and I don't have any form of ID to confirm my ID and I have no idea what to do, please help.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moonishi 

Seems like their policy is either evolving to do this sooner or it is something specific to your account or to new accounts.

You are probably being asked to set up PayPal Cash on your PayPal balance. If you don’t have ID, link a bank account to verify your account then withdrawal to it.

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

Are you under 18? Need to 18 and over to use PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

moonishi
Contributor
Contributor

yes! i’m being asked to set up a paypal cash account.

i don’t have a bank account, but i’m looking into getting an id now.

and yes, i turned 18 in december of last year, and i made my account after i turned 18.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.