payment

Merran
New Community Member

I have sent someone money and it has been pending for the last 3 days, they still have not received it

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Merran

You never need funds in your Paypal account balance as a buyer. It works like this......

When you pay a seller or company then Paypal will CREDIT them in advance for you and Paypal will take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.
But they will only do this if.......
1. You fund the payment via a debit or credit card.
2. You fund the payment via your bank account BUT have a back up card linked to your Paypal account as well.

If you ONLY have a bank account linked then Paypal may well send an 'echeque' and then you and the seller would have to take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account > Paypal. You seller would get a 'clearance date' but would be entitled not to send the item until it cleared.
In the U.K it takes 5-7 working days to transfer as paypal use the slowest (and cheapest to them) transfer method, even when it has left your bank account it does not mean Paypal have it as it has to go via automated clearing.

pending echeque to a seller?
pending TO a company with you as the buyer?
pending / unclaimed to a seller?
pending / unclaimed with a cancel option to a seller?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.