payment sent as echeck

SteveFInner
Contributor
Contributor

I sent a standard payment that I send on the 30th of each month and has always gone right to the paypal account of the recpient and I have been so notified.  Today I learned that an echeck was being issued which I did not request be done.  Also I got a message saying the recpeient had to establish a paypal account even though he already has one linked to the address to which I sent the payment.  Suggestions as to why this happened?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Russ46
Contributor
Contributor

have same issue, payments sent have been sent as echeck's even tho i enever sent as that, should have been direct instant transcaction.

i think the issue is Paypal isnt recognising the card linked to your account, so its holding the money and sendng as echeck, prob some sort of bug in the system, a very annoying one!!

Login to Me Too

SteveFInner
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.  They said it was a automatic security response that it is done as random by security for some reason I didn't even try to follow

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteveFInner 

@Russ46 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant they are echeques and go via ACH in batches.
Paypal states ''instant transfer'' because normally when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront and they then take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes approximately several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option however the funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

There are times when its you and/or the seller that takes the wait for the echeque to clear and here are some of the reasons...

1. Card needs updating.
2. Has had a recent negative balance.
3. A recent failed bank transfer.
4. For some high cost riskier payments / transactions.
5. Friends / family payments....funded from a bank account.
6. Adding funds to your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.