payment refused ?

MattS2
New Community Member

bought an item off a lad 3 hours away
paid via paypal through a debit card linked to account.
seller had not used paypal before so had to wait 21 days for funds to clear.
i couldnt cancel it , was no option on paypal, there is no option to do anything.
neither could he... now the money says @refused' ... why? wheres it gone? isnt in my bank or paypal ? ....
how do i get my £150 back, where will it go and when will i get it ????
this has been an absolute nightmare to get resolved. 
hopefully someone can help me get this sorted out.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi MattS2 and welcome, 

This sounds frustrating. It may be that the person you sent the funds to did not accept the payment. Depending on how the receivers/seller has their account set up they may need to accept certain payments. If they refused the payment then it may be that the payment was refused however the funds would still process from your bank account. The reason for this is that once a payment is initiated an electronic request is sent to your bank to request the funds. We do not have an option to cancel this. Check your PayPal account to see if there are any pending payments from your bank that would explain were your funds have gone. It may be that once your payment from your bank clears it will add as a plus balance to your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.