payment pending - legit?

lazybeee
New Community Member

hi, can anyone offer any thoughts? I haven't used my eBay account in a while but have just sold an item, we use our PayPal account regularly for eBay and non-bay activity. i had an email from PayPal saying the funds have been transferred but we can't see them in the account. The PayPal message says "we've placed the money for this transaction on hold because your account has been inactive for a while. The money will appear in your pending balance and will be available after the order is fulfilled." our PayPal account hasn't been inactive but we haven't used it for eBay recently. Is this email from paypal legitimate as i don't recall seeing this previously when transacting on eBay? many thanks 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lazybeee 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

carmanlove1
Contributor
Contributor
Whenever I receive an e-check I know it’s their bank and the way they paid out of their banking account First thing, do not DO NOT send the item until it has cleared. An e-check is legit it just takes a while (I don’t remember how long 3-10 days maybe?) and it’s just the shopper and how they purchased. To make sure you give good customer service contact the buyer and explain that you can’t send their item until it clears through PayPal. This way they might not pay that way again. And they’ll understand why the item isn’t shipped. I’d also make sure in eBay that your DSR isn’t affected by this, if you keep track. Hope this makes sense. Just hold on the money is coming. 🙂
Login to Me Too

carmanlove1
Contributor
Contributor
Transaction being complete means you probably have to wait for feedback from the buyer, it’s basically like you’re a new user. Once you see the item has made it, I’d contact the buyer and politely ask for feedback and explain why if you need too. I remember there was also another way for that to stop and I think it involved a certain number of sales or like 5 customers needed to leave feedback? I believe just asking them to leave feedback will “complete” the sale and the funds will be released though 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.