payment for items sold sent to wrong email address but address was valid

neahr
New Community Member

we had 2 people send money to a email address that was similar to mine but missing 1 letter.  the email was valid & the money was immediately withdrawn.  the 2 people are now out this money as they then sent it my proper email address.  is there anything PayPal can do to get this money back ?

my email address begins with 'neahr'.  money was sent to 'nehr' - missing the 'A'.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neahr 

Depends how they sent it, if friends/family then no unless they funded their payment via a credit card and the card company will assist them.

If they sent it goods/services then tell them to first reach out to that 'wrong' email address and request a refund and if not then file a dispute for non receipt of item as that person has nothing to send them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neahr 

Depends how they sent it, if friends/family then no unless they funded their payment via a credit card and the card company will assist them.

If they sent it goods/services then tell them to first reach out to that 'wrong' email address and request a refund and if not then file a dispute for non receipt of item as that person has nothing to send them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.