Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment for items sold sent to wrong email address but address was valid

SOLVED
neahr
New Community Member

payment for items sold sent to wrong email address but address was valid

we had 2 people send money to a email address that was similar to mine but missing 1 letter.  the email was valid & the money was immediately withdrawn.  the 2 people are now out this money as they then sent it my proper email address.  is there anything PayPal can do to get this money back ?

my email address begins with 'neahr'.  money was sent to 'nehr' - missing the 'A'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: payment for items sold sent to wrong email address but address was valid

@neahr 

Depends how they sent it, if friends/family then no unless they funded their payment via a credit card and the card company will assist them.

If they sent it goods/services then tell them to first reach out to that 'wrong' email address and request a refund and if not then file a dispute for non receipt of item as that person has nothing to send them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: payment for items sold sent to wrong email address but address was valid

@neahr 

Depends how they sent it, if friends/family then no unless they funded their payment via a credit card and the card company will assist them.

If they sent it goods/services then tell them to first reach out to that 'wrong' email address and request a refund and if not then file a dispute for non receipt of item as that person has nothing to send them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post