payment errors with consequences

gernick
Contributor
Contributor

I booked a flight and wanted to make payment via Pay Pal. But I got an error message saying that payment could not be completed. So I booked the flight directly via my credit card. In-between I received a booking confirmation for the flight which I booked via Pay Pal. So, in the end I had 2 bookings on the same flight. Did someone had already that situation? The message at the end of the PayPal payment said clearly : could not be completed. I had this situation now already 2 times. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @gernick,

I'm very sorry to hear that this occurred. Please first reach out to the merchant and see if they will refund the transaction. This would be the simplest and quickest solution. If they will not refund the transaction, please reach out to PayPal customer service and explain the situation. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gernick
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia, first, PayPal customer service is not easy to contact. And the replies on my emails were absolutely **bleep**. Obviously nobody did ever read my email and they just send an excerpt from their FAQ's. That is no customer service and I presume it's all made by a automatic system. I solved my problem inbetween with the merchant and they (China Airlines), have really an excellent customer service. PayPal could learn a lot from them. Conseuqence for me is, that I close my PayPal account and will never use it again.

Nevertheless, thanks for your reply and I know it's all not your fault, as the fish starts to stink from the head which means, you managers are just not good and so the whole company is not good.

Have a nice day, Olivia.

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.