payment cancelled, but they charged my account.

kkang86
Contributor
Contributor

So I was sending funds to my friend thru paypal.

My friend gave me the wrong email address and the payment was showing as pending, so i cancelled and sent the payment to correct email.

However, my account was charged twice for both payment, and the cancelled payment was refunded in couple of days and charged again the very next day.

I have called paypal customer support last friday, they told me to wait a couple of days, everything will get back to how it suppose to. (my account went negative cause of that another $500 payment) so I called back today.

Bank telling me paypal already charged that $500 which was cancelled and they told me i need to contact paypal to clear this issue,

so i called back paypal, payapl rep told me that me that bank need to work on this.

I have talked to 3 other paypal reps and they all telling me different stories.

so bank saying paypal has my funds, paypal telling me bank has my funds, but I do not see the funds anywhere.

What the hell is going on, and who do i need to trust??

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kkang86

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kkang86

If you were able to cancel a payment it means the seller made a mistake with the email address on their auction and could not accept your payment.

Luckily you could cancel, so when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.