payment by paypal and credit card

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

Ive just been reading other posts here, and someone was adviced to contact the credit card company for help. So Im just wondering if thats possable. When you make a purchase using PayPal its them that debit your credit card for the payment, so Im thinking if there was a problem with an item, you cant contact the credit card company as they didnt pay "direct" to the seller, is this right? so it can only be PayPal that helps?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingKohn

It would be up to your card issuer but you can still do a chargeback and many do which is why paypal does not cover you for 'double dipping' ie getting a paypal dispute refund AND a card refund and also provides seller protection against chargebacks.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

"and many do" gosh im living in another world, and getting a refund twice is really bad. I guess I hang around with the good people so wouldnt know these things go on. But anyway back to what you said.. the chargeback would then be against PayPal would it not? they wont know the seller only PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingKohn

So sorry I gave up my time to try and help you.

Unfortunately telepathy is not my forte and I have no idea of the numbers that do chargebacks.

But I know that chargebacks are done as many on here have chargebacked successfully and thats why paypal give sellers protection against that happening.

So.........your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

sorry the question was to hard for you, perhaps someone else can answer my then, if there is a chargeback then that would have to be against PayPal and not a seller? the credit card company dont know who the seller is directly, so the seller is PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingKohn

Incorrect it would be against the seller, but as you think this is too hard for me and don't appreciate my help then I will leave it for you to get help from another person, if anyone is around.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

So sorry I gave up my time to try and help you.

Dont know what your problem is, but are you someone that goes looking for posts to boost an ego or something? If you cant take it dont dish it out, there was no call for the reply you gave, so please dont answer again, Ill just ignore you now anyway, cant will an argument with KIDS

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KingKohn

Thanks for proving my point  Smiley Happy

I tried to help you and only got sarcasm.

I don't 'need' to help rude folks, plenty of nice people grateful for help.

Bye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

KingKohn
Contributor
Contributor

So is there anyone who knows the facts on this?

When you pay you pay with PayPal, NOT a credit card, and so if you have a problem with an item then it can only be PayPal that can help?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Paypal is the one which holds the merchant account to accept credit cards,we are just subaccounts within Paypal.

The buyer's credit card issuer does not know us,all it knows is Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.