paying another person big amounts of money

Ellaclarke01
New Community Member
I sent a large payment to another user and they are saying they can’t except the payment, i never received an email to agree to let them accept the payment so now i am unsure of what to do as i am buying a concert ticket off of them
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ellaclarke01

This is an issue on the recipient's account.

2 things could be the issue:

They might have to verify their identity to claim funds and to keep funds in the PayPal balance to use. A PayPal security measure to comply with governmental regulations.

Or, PayPal has put the funds in their pending balance (the PayPal 21 day funds availability hold) but the funds are in their account and they should be delivering your tix. They cannot wait until the 21 ends to deliver tix to you. They need to get thee tix to you and update the order status by clicking "add tracking". Once you get the ticket, you can confirm on your end to release the funds.

Ask them why they can't accept or receive the funds? Have them check the transaction details.

Digital event tickets are scammable too so be careful.  Paper tix that have to be mailed with tracking number are fine. I'm not speaking on the authenticity of the tix as that is another conversation. If the seller are just sitting ducks with the money, after 7 days file an item not received dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ellaclarke01

This is an issue on the recipient's account.

2 things could be the issue:

They might have to verify their identity to claim funds and to keep funds in the PayPal balance to use. A PayPal security measure to comply with governmental regulations.

Or, PayPal has put the funds in their pending balance (the PayPal 21 day funds availability hold) but the funds are in their account and they should be delivering your tix. They cannot wait until the 21 ends to deliver tix to you. They need to get thee tix to you and update the order status by clicking "add tracking". Once you get the ticket, you can confirm on your end to release the funds.

Ask them why they can't accept or receive the funds? Have them check the transaction details.

Digital event tickets are scammable too so be careful.  Paper tix that have to be mailed with tracking number are fine. I'm not speaking on the authenticity of the tix as that is another conversation. If the seller are just sitting ducks with the money, after 7 days file an item not received dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.