pay after delivery stopped

otuatail
Contributor
Contributor

I have complained to pay pal that pay after delivery has stopped. They claim that it hasn't and it is at the discretion of the seller, however I have made 5 purchases from 5 different suppliers. Pay after delivery is not working. Are all of my recent suppliers ALL SAYING NO to pay after delivery. I doubt that very much. Can I check them out?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otuatail 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

otuatail
Contributor
Contributor

To add to that, it doesn't matter to the seller anyway as he'she gets payed strait away. So why would a seller not agree to pay after delivery? No skin of his/her nose.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@otuatail 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

I'm turning PAD off on my account today.

I'd prefer to pay with out it.

Login to Me Too

tellyaddictuk
New Community Member

I have exactly the same problem and tried everything. I buy same items from same sellers sometimes. One day PAD is enabled and the next it is not and then does not work on any of the items I make a purchase on thereafter. Then, maybe a day or two later it re-appears only to stop appearing again a day later. Its so random at the moment. Rang PAYPAL and they deny anything is wrong and just confirm it is enabled. I can see it is in the settings. Disabling and then re-enabling makes zero difference. I'm left feeling that maybe this is something to do with PAYPAL cash flows at the moment. Oddly enough, I have had maybe 3 years of this working fine on just about every purchase  (1000+) and this problem has only really arisen in the last month. Strange?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.