pay after delivery option missing

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

Hi has any UK noticed the pay after delivery option is missing from payment methods.

or is this only my account ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@louisec05 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@louisec05 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

joshuk94
Contributor
Contributor
Hi yes I have too it's disappeared from mine
Login to Me Too

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

paypal message says it is still working on itema that alow it. 

I have just tried to use the option on an Item that I bought using P.A.D , no luck so the paypal message is WRONG. it is no longer functioning.

It shold have worked fine on same item same seller as it worked with 2-3days ago..

so system is not on

Login to Me Too

joshuk94
Contributor
Contributor
It definitely has vanished from mine not sure how to sort it , the only checkout option I get current is pay by card even though I have bank linked to PayPal and have p a d turned on still
Login to Me Too

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

same here no changes made to mu check options so the have defo removed it.

I have tried to clear this up on message paypal but they insist its on.. 

so no luck from them on this... sees denial is the option they have taken

Login to Me Too

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

just got this from paypal.... seesm they dont want to offer due to COVID 19

This is in a way a 14 days a credit PayPal offers. This feature is not a given, and at this point is not available due to factors like either you have reached a number of transactions using it or there are risks at the time with allowing these transactions as we pay the sellers upfront and in these uncertain times the system might stop giving this option.

Login to Me Too

joshuk94
Contributor
Contributor
Hi is that why it isn't showing do u mean?
Login to Me Too

louisec05
Contributor
Contributor

seems that way

paypal seems to be saying that ... 

Bit unclear why it has worked for me for nearly every purchase for the last 2 years in and out of ebay with other online sellers.

and now no longer able to use even with sellers that I have never had an issue with..

It seems to be PAYPALs way of dealing with covid 19.

Login to Me Too

Bailamos27

Same here...I thought it was because my previous bank card had expired and my new card details were applied,  I find it so disappointing not to be offered this as it comes in handy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.