Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid wrong person

SOLVED
pmetcalfe83
Contributor

paid wrong person

I have paid someone I didn't mean to I put in the wrong email address how do I get my money back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: paid wrong person

@pmetcalfe83

Sadly if it was sent and not pending then the 'wrong' email address must be correct to another persons email address.

As it was sent via friends / family then all you can do is email that wrong email address and ask them if they will return the funds.

If they refuse then you won't be able to open a dispute as it was a gift payment BUT if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will recall it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@pmetcalfe83

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.

Advice is voluntary.
52YeeTee
Contributor

Money sent
pmetcalfe83
Contributor

it says money sent it was meant to be to a mate so sent as friend and family but put wrong email in

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@pmetcalfe83

Sadly if it was sent and not pending then the 'wrong' email address must be correct to another persons email address.

As it was sent via friends / family then all you can do is email that wrong email address and ask them if they will return the funds.

If they refuse then you won't be able to open a dispute as it was a gift payment BUT if you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will recall it for you.

Advice is voluntary.

View solution in original post

pmetcalfe83
Contributor

no was just my normal bank account 

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

@pmetcalfe83

ok