paid twice

leomoose31
New Community Member

Ok so I was going to buy some things from Collections Etc. and at first I was going to use paypal but, decided not to. I hit the back button to change it and it said I couldn't go back. So I closed the window then, went back to the site and did all the stuff again but, I used my card this time- not paypal. I never hit place order that first time, I just closed out. Then, I get an order confirmation from Paypal for a different amount than what I paid for with my card. I called Collections and they said they don't have the paypal order on file, only the second one but, the order is still here on my list as pending. There's no cancel button to hit and I messaged them like 5 hrs ago. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leomoose31 

That first transaction should be a temporary authorization and the funds held and should expire within 30 days if the seller does not have that order to capture payment. Its normal.

Authorizations cannot be canceled, they expire and drop off. If it posts to your cc as a completed charge, you may dispute it at PayPal with the receipt ID on the PayPal email receipt by calling customer service but I do not foresee it posting as complete at your card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@leomoose31 

That first transaction should be a temporary authorization and the funds held and should expire within 30 days if the seller does not have that order to capture payment. Its normal.

Authorizations cannot be canceled, they expire and drop off. If it posts to your cc as a completed charge, you may dispute it at PayPal with the receipt ID on the PayPal email receipt by calling customer service but I do not foresee it posting as complete at your card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

leomoose31
New Community Member

It's still under pending but, now it says completed but, I'm gonna take your word for it because I've been waiting for 5 hrs for an answer with their instant messenger and that's just ridiculous. 

Still begs the question, why did it even happen when I never hit 'place order'? I just closed the window...

Oh well.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

garymcnulty80
New Community Member
I'm new to this. Basically I paid via PayPal using current account as my source. So the transaction bounced due to insufficient funds. I then made another payment via PayPal using my current account as source... subsequent to this I see PayPal also paid the buyer using my credit card as it's a secondary source. So buyer paid twice but ignoring my message. What should I do. Any help appreciated
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.