overdrawn in paypal account????

RRR9
New Community Member

how the hell have I now got a paypal account which I owe money to?

I thought if you purchased an item if you had funds in your paypal acc this was used, or if you had a nominated acc linked funds would be taken from this - IF sufficient funds available.

How have I now become overdrawn at my bank AND owe paypal funds .... at what point were they going to let me know!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RRR9 

Are paypal supposed to know how much you have in your bank account and whether you can afford the item you have bought???

You authorised a payment > paypal credit the seller upfront as always so there is no delay in the despatch of your item > then paypal apply to your funding source for the funds to reimburse them > if there are no funds in your bank account and your bank declines the transfer then paypal will put your accout into negative until you pay them back again......HOWEVER they would try again a few days later and if your bank then allowed the transfer then your bank account would go into negative and a few days later the funds would be credited to your paypal balance bringing it back to 0.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.