oath holdings

dre351
New Community Member

I was just charged $44 from oath holdings. I checked it out and it seems they are a subsidiary of Verizon. Anyone know anything about this?

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dre351,

I'm sorry to hear that there is an unrecognized transaction. If the transaction is showing in your PayPal account and you did not make the payment, you can follow these steps to report the unauthorized activity. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SergioMS
Contributor
Contributor

Re: oath holdings Thak you, but it would be of help if you told us if Oath Holdings replaces any other brand or company. I googled oath hodings and found out that Oath Holdings is a new subsidiary of Verizon, which recently acquired some parts of Yahoo Inc, so maybe the charge is for some Yahoo service. Also, it would be a good idea if Pay Pal required that invoices include information about the service being paid. Thank you again

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi @dre351,

I'm sorry to hear that there is an unrecognized transaction. If the transaction is showing in your PayPal account and you did not make the payment, you can follow these steps to report the unauthorized activity. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

mrs-e
Contributor
Contributor

I am angry too. I had to sign into paypal too and check my bank account to verify and I think we need to have a warning by email a week prior to ensure we have funds in there.  Because we are in Australia, it is not $34 it is more like AUD $51. I wish I had a free yahoo account.  It seems I did make the payment and while it might only be once yearly, just having it taken out and being advised after the payment has been made is annoying. 

\

@PayPal_Olivia wrote:

Hi @dre351,

I hope this helps!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Jon-Mark
Contributor
Contributor

If you are a Flickr Pro user then it's probably your bi-annual payment.

Login to Me Too

LindyZ
New Community Member

Mine turned out to be my payment to Flickr. It would have helped if they had mentioned Oath and also notified me before (not after) they took the money. 

Login to Me Too

Sportate
Contributor
Contributor

Mine also turned out to be my Flickr. But now I can't access Flickr. I have sent several emails to Yahoo but get n reply.

Login to Me Too

isitism
New Community Member

Oath Holdings just showed up on my account to the tune of a $19.99 charge - no warning, no further information... nothing. If this were a leaner time, the withdrawal would have cost me $35, plus whatever 'denied charge' this shadowy Oath Holdings would have charged. I NEVER sign up for 'autopay' for this very reason - this means that somebody else **bleep** me.

Consider this: Nobody NEEDS PayPal (there are LOTS of alternatives). Aside from that, if you feel like you DO need it, you've forgotten that it wasn't long ago that most people shopped locally and suffered to support the local economy.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@isitism

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jflaschmid
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.